Mac App

Home of the Facts

Forums

Forum Home > Indianapolis Colts > Kerry Collins

IDOJ

Replacing a sure-fire HOFer with an outside-chance based on numbers, a Super Bowl appearance, and an NFC Championship appearance in his, and Carolina's, second year. 

He's at least as mobile as Peyton, and throws a good deep ball. Audibling and any problems on the offensive line might be trouble. 

September 10, 2011 at 9:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

the immortal scurds

he's got experience, saints, giants, raiders, titans, carolina and now indy. an undefeated rose bowl season with penn state, and got the panthers to the nfc championship in the franchise 2nd season. drunkenly called musin mohammed a nigger, he has an alcohol problem, but he denies being a racist and adamantly insists to this day that his remark was an ill advised attempt at comraderie.  led the giants to the 2000 superbowl vs balty.

Throughout his career, Collins had been one of the NFL's most charitable players. Immediately upon signing his rookie contract with the Carolina Panthers, he donated $250,000 to the Penn State athletic department to permanently endow the quarterback position. He has donated over two million dollars to charities such as Big Brothers/Big Sisters and the Harlem Boys Choir. In 2001, Collins donated $120,000 to Manhattan's Ladder 5/Engine 24 Family Relief following the September 11th attack on the World Trade Center.

Through the KC for Kids Fund of the Kerry Collins Foundation, Collins has donated more than $500,000 for the renovation of the Rusk Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine, a children's unit within the NYU Medical Center. Previously Collins donated $100,000 to the Institute, to establish the Kerry M. Collins Computer Center and Classroom, with specially modified equipment for children with disabilities.

During the 2005 season, Collins pledged $1,000 for every touchdown he threw and every game the Raiders won to the American Red Cross Hurricane Katrina relief fund. On March 24, 2006, Collins was honored by The Second Mile Foundation in recognition of his commitment to others.

the colts will wish that they had a better run game.  collins will throw ints.  i dont see how transitioning away from peyton could be smooth for even a young joe montana.   collins has a certain low key charisma that i find appealing, though not in a gay way.  but he is in for a long season.  saturday and wayne aren't even patient with manning.  colts should have resserected jeff garcia.

--

The following sentence is a lie.

The previous sentence is the truth.

September 10, 2011 at 11:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

I'll keep R Wayne on the fantasy bench til I see what KColl does. KColl been a decent pro, but he ain't HoF material.

September 11, 2011 at 6:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.