Mac App

Home of the Facts

Forums

Forum Home > Big Ten > Big 10 Football

vapor5

Da^n! The blue & maize are rolling over the Gophers. Penn St is struggling with the Hoosiers. Tonight is the battle of the Reds: Wisky/Neb.

--

Vap

October 1, 2011 at 1:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

N. Scheelhaase (ILL) and Persa (NW) put on shows in a wild one. ILL 38 NW 35

--

Vap

October 1, 2011 at 3:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Galfur

Let's start with this. Minnesota is a horrible football team. H O R R I B L E.

OK, now that we have established that. Let's also give Michigan (and the coaches) a lot of credit for the progress that the players are making, and yes, kudos to the players themselves.

Looking at the results of this game vs other that have tallied Ws at the expense of the Go-figures (USC only beat them by 2? How'd that happen?), Michigan put on quite display. Michigan still is not a great team. Nowhere near. BUT, if this coaching staff can recruit, this team will be dangerous (DANGEROUS) in just a couple of years. THANK GOD DAVID BRANDON EXORCISED THE DEMON THAT WAS DICKROD.

Long season ahead. I still say Michigan will get embarrased once or twice (maybe three times) but they have really good coaching in place now. Guys who bring solid game plans and make solid adjustments on the fly. Very little talent (outside of Denard) but damn these guys can coach. There are lots of little things going on in the games that are fun to watch again (adjustments in scheme, etc).

October 1, 2011 at 5:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

galf- You're so contained :D

--

Vap

October 1, 2011 at 6:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Galfur

Like a good old fashioned collection of tupperwear....a lid hear, a box there, a bowl somewhere else. Yup, that's me.

October 1, 2011 at 10:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

Hey galf-tuppur- Do you think NC St misses  Russell Wilson? ;)

--

Vap

October 2, 2011 at 6:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Galfur

I can't comment about how much NCST may or may not miss him. But I can say Whiskey is thriving with him in place under center in Madison. He is just what the Doctor ordered. Welcome to the B1G Cornsilk.

October 2, 2011 at 8:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

I think Mich/NW could be the most entertaining B10  game of the day. Two exciting college QBs. Robinson & Persa.

--

Vap

October 8, 2011 at 8:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Galfur

Persa is very good. Looking forward to seeing him. Yes indeed it could be entertaining. Not sure that means we'll see good football but it could be entertaining.

October 8, 2011 at 8:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

galf- Mich is on the board quickly. ILL & Purdue cruised. PSU limited Iowa to a FG.

--

Vap

October 8, 2011 at 7:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Galfur

You know, it was very strange watching the games last night. UM defense again looked horrid in the first half. I flipped over to ALCS and Tiggers were already down 2-zip. So, I'm flipping back and forth, get bored and given the majesty of control that a TV remote in hand provides, I went flipping elsewhere.

I stumbled upon OSU/Neb and watched a good portion of that game. Don't tell any of the OSU fans on this site but I was cheering for the Bucks and in awe of how they were sticking it to Neb in Lincoln. What a performance (hey, I'm a B1G fan at heart and Neb is the new kid on the block, I'd rather see one of the storied programs give them a manhandling than vice versa).

Anyway, I eventually flip back to UM and, lo and behold, they are winning (no, not like Charlie Sheen, actually winning). I watch that for a little while longer and yup, once again Mattison has made his adjustments. NWU was thrashing the UM D in the first half. But he makes adjustments at the half in every game (if not earlier) and the second half is better (unlike when DickRod was here and the second half was when UM would get blown away......further proving the guy had no idea how to coach).

After carefully watching the UM D (and O) do their thing for a while, I flipped back to OSU/Neb. WTF......I mean WTF......Neb is now handing it to OSU and eventually comes back to win. WTF happened?

PSU a quiet 5-1....good for JoPa......getting it done with little in the cupboard.

Final note on UM...to be clear, their D is NOT very good. In fact, it is near woeful (just think about their ranking last year and the year before under DickRod). Did you know that they are the most improved D in the country this year? Not hard to imagine because they were so patheitc last year.....but I'm telling you, Mattison is doing it with Voodoo not talent because the talent is so sparse. I think the guy is near genius with defensive schemes. I am sooo impressed with what he is doing with virtually nothing. But he will come across an O that his adjustments can't compensate for his lack of talent and UM will get thrashed again (not his fault).

October 9, 2011 at 8:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Galfur

VapTerp put up a gaudy number this weekend, congrats!!!

October 9, 2011 at 8:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

Galfur at October 9, 2011 at 8:56 AM

VapTerp put up a gaudy number this weekend, congrats!!!

thx- I hope ILL QB never has a bye week :D

Agree completely on Mattison's voodoo. More & more Wisky looks like the class of the B10.

--

Vap

October 9, 2011 at 10:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

galf- Can the Spartans D contain Denard  this Saturday.

Ohio/St/ILL looks like a fun B10 match, too.

--

Vap

October 12, 2011 at 6:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Galfur

YES....Sparty can contain Denard.

Going into the year I would not have anticipated OSU/Illini with interest. I do now. Illini have got some O goin on.

Whiskey is it, there is no other class in the B1G. Carry the torch boys.

October 12, 2011 at 7:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

Can Wisky get the B10 into the BCS championship game?

--

Vap

October 13, 2011 at 6:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Galfur

Isn't that scheduled for November 5 this year? In Tuscaloosa this year, right?

Sure Whiskry could get there Vap.....but they need some nig chips to fall their way but certainly possible.

October 13, 2011 at 7:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

Only one SEC rep will be in the NC, so Wisky needs OK  & OK St, and maybe a few others to lose once

--

Vap

October 13, 2011 at 8:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mac D
Site Owner

This could be like 2004 or 2009. Stanford, Oklahoma/Oklahoma State, Clemson/Georgia Tech, LSU/Alabama and Wisconsin can all be undefeated and if all are would make strong cases. More so 2004 with USC, Oklahoma and Auburn than 2009 when it was Alabama and Texas with Cincinnati, TCU and Boise State in the second tier. Still lots of football though to be played

October 13, 2011 at 9:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

mac- I don't see the ACC undefeated teams staying that way.

--

Vap

October 13, 2011 at 6:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.