Mac App

Home of the Facts

Forums

Forum Home > Big Ten > Big 10 Football

Galfur

I just don't see a favorite or a fast path return to glory. OSU with Urban was pretty clear. Michigan is far from it. It's a train wreck.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2014/12/02/michigan-football-coach-candidates/19780573/

--

Make America Great Again

December 4, 2014 at 7:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

JDIN827

ANY School that would hire Tressel is getting a FINE Coach regardless of what the naysayer says

December 4, 2014 at 7:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Galfur

December 4, 2014. Mark it down and follow along.

Nebraska fired HC Bo Pelini on 11/30, five days later the news is they have come to terms with Mike Riley.

Florida fired Will Muschamp on 11/16, 18 days later the news is they came to terms with Jim McElwain.

Michigan fired Brady Hoke on 12/3, how long before they hire a replacement? Let's find out? My guess, some time in January since the most desirable candidates will not be available to comment or interview until then.

I'm not certain that either Nebraska or Florida made the best hire they were possible of, so going fast isn't necessarily the answer but there is a recruiting season to be salvaged and time does matter there.

Curious just how long it takes M to go through the vetting process. Seems to me the lessons of the past are, no one worth a damn really wants to come here.

--

Make America Great Again

December 4, 2014 at 5:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

More doubts about the Neb hire

--

Vap

December 5, 2014 at 6:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Galfur

Yeah, it was a mite bit surprising (but what the hell do I know)

--

Make America Great Again

December 5, 2014 at 1:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Galfur

Thank goodness, the Les Miles rumor has been put to rest. How many fricken times is UM (and fans) going to embarrass themselves over putting his name in lights? See ya Les, no love lost here.

--

Make America Great Again

December 6, 2014 at 7:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Galfur

OSU 59 - Wisky 0 with a third string QB? That's insane!

--

Make America Great Again

December 7, 2014 at 6:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

the immortal scurds

its also a whompin

--

The following sentence is a lie.

The previous sentence is the truth.

December 7, 2014 at 7:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

Buckeyes made a case to be in the F4.  bet they were rooting real hard for FSU to falter

--

Vap

December 7, 2014 at 7:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Galfur

Still don't believe it. Not trying to take away from the Nuts but when the score is that lopsided I'm puttin a heap of blame on the Wisky coaches. Completely inept showing.

--

Make America Great Again

December 7, 2014 at 7:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ferociousjane

-----I kinda wondered  if they were overlooking Ohio State, too, Galfur.  Then I remember Wisconsin is a quality program year after year so you just don't expect this kind of flop. Whatever the case Badgers won't be forgetting that beat down for a while.

------I bet this game was a little uncomfortable for Barry Alvarez on the selection committee .

-----I told my Wisky friend that this win was payback for two years ago when WI was " gifted" with OSU's Big Ten championship because of  sanctions.

-----Truthfully, if they don't get #4 I'll be fine with it . Seeing OSU get a huge prime time win like this at least shuts down a few of the loud mouth haters.

--

“ everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth”

December 7, 2014 at 10:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

"Seeing OSU get a huge prime time win like this at least shuts down a few of the loud mouth haters."

fj-yep

--

Vap

December 7, 2014 at 10:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Galfur

Winning shuts a lot of mouths FJ. For me, mine was agape. I thought about that, for a minute, then I rejected it (Wisky looking past). I thought maybe because of the QB issue but rejected it because it was a conference championship game. If your team is looking past the opponent in the conference championship game, you as a coaching staff, and each and every player on the squad, SUCK!

OSU is no more a one player team than Wisky is (or Bama or FSU, etc). You CAN'T look past them. There's really no excuse for what I saw, so maybe, just maybe, Urban has that team believing at a higher level. That was a holy crap score.

--

Make America Great Again

December 7, 2014 at 2:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ferociousjane

Well, they'll sure have their work cut out for them in the playoffs.

I'm pleasantly shocked they weren't shut out of the final 4 . Feeling bad for TCU and Baylor.

--

December 7, 2014 at 2:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Galfur

Which is why the playoff thing will eventually become eight teams, just as it should have from the beginning. I guess progress is often measured slowly.

--

Make America Great Again

December 7, 2014 at 3:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

Big 12 paid the price for no conference title game. They'd better get two more teams soon  so they can have two 6 team divisons and a title game.

--

Vap

December 7, 2014 at 7:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ferociousjane

Any thoughts on Jerry Kill winning Big 10 coach of the year over Meyer, V5?

--

December 8, 2014 at 3:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

fj- Kill deserved it. Urban's last two weeks may have move him into a near tie.

--

Vap

December 8, 2014 at 4:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ferociousjane

I was just reading an article where the guy was going off on my Meyer deserved it over Kill and it really did nothing for me.I think the better coaches would all agree they'd rather win big games then win personal accolades . (At least I hope they do anyway. )

--

December 8, 2014 at 4:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

fj- probably an emotional jag from the writer. Meyer is the flavor of the moment

--

Vap

December 8, 2014 at 4:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.