Mac App

Home of the Facts

Forums

Forum Home > Big Ten > Big 10 Football

Galfur

Ferociousjane at November 20, 2015 at 2:58 PM

I like the OSU over Sparty part although I am not as convinced. Time for OSU to wratchet it up a notch.

One of these two teams will absolutely ratchet it up a notch or three this week. My guess going in is that will be OSU. Weather forecast does not help MSU (Conner Cook in the rain is about as effective as Leon Lett in the snow).

To your earlier questions (Fargo), no. I don't even know what show that is. Seriously, I don't watch any TV shows other than reruns of Everybody Love Raymond. I watched Walking Dead three weeks in a row. Loved it but I don't have the commitment to stay with it week after week. Pathetic isn't it?

If I stumble across a show and something grabs my attention in the first few seconds, I'll watch until it loses my attention. Men don't want to know what is on TV, we want to know what else is on TV.

--

Make America Great Again

November 20, 2015 at 5:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Galfur

vapor5 at November 20, 2015 at 7:10 AM

Terps  will likely lose to Indiana

Iowa edges Purdue

Wisky over NW

really like Illinois over minn

Penn St wins a home game over Mich

Bucknuts beat Sparty

Rutgers beats Army

Yes

Should

Should

No idea

No idea

Yes

Yes

Now we watch and find out. Grab some Kale chips or a crabtini and make an afternoon of it.

--

Make America Great Again

November 21, 2015 at 7:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

galf- been awhie since a crabtini ;)

fj- I'd be stunned if the Bucknuts don't explot the mediocre  Sparty D

--

Vap

November 21, 2015 at 11:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

Terps up 21-10 in1Q- yep, I'm sharp :D

--

Vap

November 21, 2015 at 12:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Galfur

vapor5 at November 21, 2015 at 12:53 PM

Terps up 21-10 in1Q- yep, I'm sharp :D

No worries on that one. Hoosier O kicked in. They've got a very potent O but nothing much on D.

Gophers look golden.

Lions are all but toast.

Sparty Bucknuts should be interesting

--

Make America Great Again

November 21, 2015 at 3:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

galf- Terps need to fire their AD, too. He's responsible for edsall.

Hairball proves coaches make a difference.

--

Vap

November 21, 2015 at 3:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Galfur

Yeah, when things go that badly, it is best to make a clean sweep. Hope you get your way on it. Any rumors on what might happen at seasons end?

Hairball is absolutely the difference and the beauty (hope) remains that if he can attract the talent he wants/needs it will get much, much better. But that chapter of the story is not written, so one step at a time.

Sparty/Bucks was interesting. I didn't like it. Wanted Sparty to lose. They get credit, given that Cook sat this one out. Never would have believed that. Bucks coaching was bad and I believe my frustrations while watching (not pounding eilliot repeatedly int the MSU D) was justified with the postgame comments/frustration expressed by Elliot. Bet he takes it our on the UM D next week.

Iowa is playing like a team on am mission but I still can't gauge them. Won't be long before we get a feel though. B1G Championship Game perhaps?!?!?!

--

Make America Great Again

November 22, 2015 at 9:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

Love Iowa's rushing game

galf-  I think the AD  Kevin Anderson stays at MD- he's good at CYA and passing the blame.

--

Vap

November 22, 2015 at 11:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ferociousjane

The offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach hires have been a total bust for Ohio State. That is on Urban Meyer. I fully expect there to be changes in the off season. I give lots of credit to Michigan State. If anyone knows you can be beaten by a second string QB it's the Buckeyes.

--

“There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you.”

November 22, 2015 at 11:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Galfur

Yup^, yup^^ and yup^^^ folks

--

Make America Great Again

November 22, 2015 at 1:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

fj- didn't the 2014 Buckeyes OC take the HC job at houston U this season?

--

Vap

November 23, 2015 at 12:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ferociousjane

Yeah ,and Meyer promoted his offensive line coach , Ed Warriner , and hired former Nebraska assistant Tim Beck  to be offensive co-coordinators this year. El-stinko every damn game. Same cast--vastly different results.

--

“There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you.”

November 23, 2015 at 5:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

fj- Can you imagine Woody Hayes reaction to Elliot's public comments?

--

Vap

November 24, 2015 at 7:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Galfur

Hang tight Vap, rumor is the DJ Durkin is a candidate for the Maryland HC position. I knew he'd get offers after this year. He's a good one. Stay tuned.

My read on "The Game" - OSU is going to score a TON of points on a TON of yards. The weather will help them this week (not limit them as it did last week). Urban will demand it. It will happen too. That zone read offense the Bucks run is what Indiana ran against Michigan, only with far better personnel. Michigan really had no answer for Indiana, it will be worse on Saturday. 

--

Make America Great Again

November 25, 2015 at 12:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

galf- glad to "steal" Durkin 8)

--

Vap

November 25, 2015 at 2:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Galfur

Galfur at November 25, 2015 at 12:32 PM

Hang tight Vap, rumor is the DJ Durkin is a candidate for the Maryland HC position. I knew he'd get offers after this year. He's a good one. Stay tuned.

My read on "The Game" - OSU is going to score a TON of points on a TON of yards. The weather will help them this week (not limit them as it did last week). Urban will demand it. It will happen too. That zone read offense the Bucks run is what Indiana ran against Michigan, only with far better personnel. Michigan really had no answer for Indiana, it will be worse on Saturday. 

Who's your daddy? Didn't just call it, nailed it!!!

--

Make America Great Again

November 28, 2015 at 3:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ferociousjane

I was thinking " Galfur called it" during the game.

Wolverines still had a good season.

--

November 28, 2015 at 3:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Galfur

Yeah, this one was an easy call having watched the wolves so closely this year. They got a lot out of very little but the match-ups in this one were insurmountable and BAM, the walls came crumbling in. My eyes turn to recruiting. M is in dire need everywhere. The o-line, as I have said, can't move a Samoan. Bucks showed them that today. My point validated.

FJ, Bucks didn't play like they were supposed to this year but in reality the only major shortcoming was last week. I think, had the weather been different, Bucks would have opened it up a little more. What I don't understand about last week is Elliot. Nothing conservative about handing him the ball and they didn't. That'll be the head scratcher for Bucks fans when watching the playoffs this year.

In any event, B1G fans will be forced to throw their conference loyalty behind IU or MSU.

--

Make America Great Again

November 28, 2015 at 8:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ferociousjane

I could offer some guesses but what I think it really comes down to is that MSU is just playing well and their win at Columbus was them just being the better team that day. They're peaking at just the right time.  I 'd like to see Iowa win out just because they're not in the mix year after year, but I'd be happy to cheer for either in the playoffs/ bowls.

--

November 28, 2015 at 10:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

swore I posted about the terps getting their first 2015 conference win.

anyway, i think galfur has switch off  his car radio, too many Lil bro sparty folks on AM radio

--

Vap

November 29, 2015 at 7:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.