Mac App

Home of the Facts

Forums

Forum Home > Big Ten > Big 10 Football

Ferociousjane

Is that Canadian for  " I'm a douchebag" ? 

--

“There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you.”

December 27, 2015 at 11:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

the immortal scurds

hey, i'm up here.  and in canada we say """لوحة المفاتيح العربية

--

The following sentence is a lie.

The previous sentence is the truth.

December 28, 2015 at 9:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Galfur

Around Dearborn they say نبغى فتية وفتيات صغار

--

Make America Great Again

December 28, 2015 at 12:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

the immortal scurds

i'm scared to look up a translation. im going to guess"kill them"

--

December 28, 2015 at 2:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ferociousjane

Lots of flipping and flopping in recruiting. I guess this is the new norm--commit to one school then back out.Ohio State took back the number one recruiting class  today.

(V5--I'm sorry the Buckeyes raided your Terp commits .Seriously.)

Four-star quarterback Dwayne Haskins has flipped as well as four star linebacker  Keandre Jones. They are headed to OSU now from Maryland.

Harbaugh better get Rashan Gary in for another  sleepover. Looks like he spent the weekend at USC.

If you can believe it, Alabama has slipped to #12 in the rankiings. I suspect that's because they are in serious contention for a few of the big blue chippers still out there.

--

“There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you.”

January 18, 2016 at 4:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ferociousjane

More updates --Buckeyes have entered the the fray for 5 star cornerback Mecole Hardman.  Alabama and Georgia are wrestling for this one ( and will likely land the GA native)   but MI and OSU are on his shortened list after a recent visit with Urban Meyer.

--

January 18, 2016 at 5:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Galfur

Yeah, it's kind of crazy how these things are turning on a dime (kids and rankings). Flipping might be the new norm.  I think the recency of visit carries the most weight in a tight race. Something like "what have you done for me lately".

--

Make America Great Again

January 18, 2016 at 5:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

the immortal scurds

these recruits shouldn't have to commit to sweet f'all. nobody commits to them. scholarship? thats revokable at the blink of an....well, you know what i mean

--

January 18, 2016 at 5:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ferociousjane

I don't have a problem at all if teams in the Big 10 flip southern school players but it feels kinda lame grabbing them from other Big 10 schools.

Buckeyes took their O line coach too with the hiring of Studawa although he was on the way out with Durkin anyway.

Warriner moves to the pressbox  to call plays now . He did that the last two games of the year so I hope this solves the play calling meltdown from last year.

--

January 18, 2016 at 5:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ferociousjane

BTW, Galfur that avatar is offensive and beautiful :)

--

January 18, 2016 at 5:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

fj-verbal  commitments aren't worth ______.  Haskins was literally in the Terps backyard. Potomac MD is no more than 40 minutes from college park md 

--

Vap

January 18, 2016 at 6:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Galfur

Ferociousjane at January 18, 2016 at 5:19 PM

BTW, Galfur that avatar is offensive and beautiful :)

Offensive and beautiful, two of my most coveted virtues. Thanks for noticing!!!

I agree with you on the flipping stuff. Flip from outside your league, not within. Michigan is working on some kicker who commited to PSU. I undesrstand it but not sure I like it.

--

Make America Great Again

January 19, 2016 at 8:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Galfur

vapor5 at January 18, 2016 at 6:50 PM

fj-verbal  commitments aren't worth ______.  Haskins was literally in the Terps backyard. Potomac MD is no more than 40 minutes from college park md 

Pretty much sucks for you Vap. Haskins is a prize recruit. Walking away from the home team isn't going to win DJ any points with MD alums.

--

Make America Great Again

January 19, 2016 at 8:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

galf- Terps football gets no respect. We still have to deal with an ancient problem of  local kids thinking Penn St is  the place to go. Particularly the kids in central & northern MD.

--

Vap

January 19, 2016 at 10:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Galfur

Well damn Vap, when you put it that way, it's an enormous problem. Maryland doesn't seem large enough geograpicaly to carve it up into North and Central being problem areas without saying, everything is a problem. Kind of like if UM nd MSU had problems retaining talent from the Lower Peninsula but not the Upper Peninsula. Does anyone even live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan? I'm not certain.

--

Make America Great Again

January 19, 2016 at 1:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

I worked construction with a guy who used to climb big trees and cut branches in UP. Rough & tumble guy was putting it mildly.

--

Vap

January 19, 2016 at 2:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Galfur

You'd have to be to make a living up there. Parts are beautiful but most is desolate.

--

Make America Great Again

January 19, 2016 at 7:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Galfur

Rashard Lawrence, a prized DT from Monroe, LA is coming down to LSU and OSU. Meyer can go deep South and recruit.

--

Make America Great Again

January 20, 2016 at 10:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

galf- I can't recall the last time  a Louisiana kid played football for MD. Maybe  our credit card doesn't allow travel there? ;)

--

Vap

January 20, 2016 at 2:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Galfur

See, that's another reason why I've always detested the finance/accounting guys.

Got a recruiting story shaping up as bad form on Michigan. Eric Swenson, a 4-star 6'7" 285 lb OL has decommited from UM. The problem is that he says Michigan pulled his scholarship offer.

He was a Hoke commit, that's how long ago he committed. If Michigan pulled his scholarship this late I think it stinks. Already had a Notre Dame official tweet something negative about it.

At the same time, kids decommit all the time so I'm not going to overreact. I just hope that A) the kid lands with a great program and B) Michigan had a good reason (like an even better recruit in his place).

--

Make America Great Again

January 20, 2016 at 4:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.