Mac App

Home of the Facts

Forums

Forum Home > Phoenix Coyotes > Coyotes Howl

vapor5

I'm surprised the Coyotes have smacked into my radar . Part of the reason is Coyotes goalie Mike Smith has the seventh-best save percentage in the NHL. They signed him as a FA from TBay in the off-season

--

Vap

February 14, 2012 at 7:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

galf- Markham?

--

Vap

April 28, 2012 at 9:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

the immortal scurds

markham! pffffft.  kitchener.

--

The following sentence is a lie.

The previous sentence is the truth.

April 28, 2012 at 9:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Galfur

I can see Kitchener, not Markham. The only thing to like about Markham is the Chinese restaruants and markets. OK, I'm being a bit unfair based on a less than perfect experience there. It's a technology corridor in the greater Toronto area but, in my mind, it does not stand on it's own. It is Toronto and Toronto is the Leafs. There are other, more deserving, better fits, Like Kitchener. Has anyone ever discussed the possibility of London?

April 28, 2012 at 10:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Galfur

vapor5 at April 28, 2012 at 9:12 AM

galf- Markham?

The article makes a good argument for it. Interesting. I'd still be very surprised. What is the proposed location of the arena (cross roads)....does anyone know? 

April 28, 2012 at 10:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

galf- I'm depending on you northern folks for the local Canadian info.

Didn't those damn Brits enter through Canada when they attacked Detroit during the War of 1812?

--

Vap

April 28, 2012 at 11:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mac D
Site Owner

When it first was being discussed McKenzie said don't get your hopes up and it wasn't being built just for the NHL. Still a viable option in a few years. 

Vap - Brits, Canadians same thing back then. Big parties going on this year (more so in Ontario/Quebec) to celebrate the 200th anniversary of the win of 1812. Fed's and provincial govs have budgeted a few million dollars for it. Doing some reenactments I believe as well. 

April 28, 2012 at 1:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

mac- Noteworthy that the Canadiens are celebrating repelling the USA while the Brits  lost the overall war.

So will it be the Seattle Yotes?

--

Vap

April 28, 2012 at 3:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

the immortal scurds

repelling the usa? in fact we invaded and ransacked the white house itself!   galf got it right when he said markham is toronto. it is, and yes london has been mentioned.   i can assure you, selling out 25000 seats each and every game would not be a problem in london or kitchener/waterloo.   k-w can draw from toronto, hamilton, guelph, brantford, london, woodstock, owen sound, orangeville, ......its more ideally located than london IMO.  markham would be like putting a team in montclair new jersey. 

--

April 28, 2012 at 7:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mac D
Site Owner

Yup burned down the White House. Where the Star Spangled Banner came from. Even in defeat the flag was still there, patriotism. Britain was also gearing up for the Battle of Waterloo so their reinforcements were elsewhere. Why the Treaty of Ghent was signed making the War of 1812 end in a "tie." No loss of territory. But all of that is for a place somewhere else.

Another team would work in Ontario but I would rather have Quebec City get their team back and another western team.

April 28, 2012 at 7:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ark_Razor

Laura Secord: When I found who she was while I was dating my wife..... I refused to by anymore of her chocolates!

The U.S. views the War of 1812 as a victory b/c the Brits were stopped. Yea, we made an attempted land grab up north that was stopped (and also with 54-40 or fight). But the country stayed intact and when the Monroe Doctrine started to be enforced, that was it for the Europeans coming over as a significant force. Ironically, the greatest battle occured two weeks after the war ended....... in New Orleans.

Wish we would've won, but simply b/c I would have been able to marry my wife 2-3 earlier than what I did!

scurds, never been able to figure out why the French and Indian War was named after the losing side!

April 29, 2012 at 2:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

mac- "Yup burned down the White House. Where the Star Spangled Banner came from." I'm not sure of your point , but the SSB was penned north of DC near Fort McHenry  and the harbor of Baltimore.

ark- On Secord ;)

Back to hockey: LA/PHO-western final  ?????

--

Vap

April 29, 2012 at 6:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

the immortal scurds

betsy ross, a stripper from detroit, was carrying on a sordid affair with laura secord, who thought it would be hot if betsy used secord's new stars and stripes design as the rug in the floor portion of her new choreography.  well when george washington heard about it he sent pocahontas into the fray to heat things up a little, but the 2 met in the woods and were late for the revolution.

the point is, the military superiority . 

--

April 29, 2012 at 9:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

the immortal scurds

la-pho? no way. the preds will get on track and st louis will bounce back.

--

April 29, 2012 at 9:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

scurdsy- While, I'd love to be in the middle of that ladies' sandwich, I'll let Neil Young, a Canadian, comment on Pocohantas.

--

Vap

April 29, 2012 at 9:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

the immortal scurds

-then we should both leave marlon brando for galfur

--

April 29, 2012 at 10:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

the immortal scurds at April 29, 2012 at 10:34 AM

-then we should both leave marlon brando for galfur

:D

--

Vap

April 29, 2012 at 10:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Galfur

hey, hey, hey!!!! I got me a little Sicilian momma, who tans like a Nigerian (but maintains a strategically distributed night vision targeting system). Leave me out of any of these 3-dollar bill discussions.

April 29, 2012 at 11:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

galf- Understood :D

--

Vap

April 29, 2012 at 11:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ark_Razor

Plenty of STL fans whining about the Pietrangelo hit on other boards. Yea, it was a penalty. Based upon what we've seen so far in the post-season, King will sit only if PA sits also. Blood on boarding does not automatically mean a major- unlike high sticking. Bottom line: STL was beaten at their own game last night and they discovered you have to work harder against a team that is built like them than they did against SJ. They could do it BTW. I was unaware that several key players were missing from STL during the regular season.

Would love LA-PHX final b/c I might be able to see games 1 and 2 in PHX.

April 29, 2012 at 11:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.