Mac App

Home of the Facts

Forums

Forum Home > Phoenix Coyotes > Coyotes Howl

Galfur

Ark, I'm an "out of the closet" Kings fan at this point. Good luck to you!!!

April 29, 2012 at 1:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ark_Razor

Galf: Check your PM box.

April 29, 2012 at 8:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

the immortal scurds

what is legwand doing?  if these preds can settle down and play their game this series is a mismatch!  they're giving it away!

--

The following sentence is a lie.

The previous sentence is the truth.

April 29, 2012 at 11:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

the immortal scurds

radulov and kostlytwin benched for "curfew violations".  maybe they can get into the secret service when they wash out of the nhl.  seriously, especially radulov, whose presence sent the hard nose of tootu to the bench under dubious circumstance, with the season almost over and a possible championship at stake, you would think  the boys could pass on the whores and vodka for just a few more days. for gawd's sake, this team is very good at beating itself!

--

May 1, 2012 at 9:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ark_Razor

You called Kosty, scurds. NAS had better get their act together as they are a ship whose moorings are loose. PHX will give them the gas. BTW, NAS dropped both games in NAS to PHX in the regular season.

May 1, 2012 at 11:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

the immortal scurds

they are done ark, and they've beaten themselves.

--

May 2, 2012 at 4:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

the immortal scurds

i think the coyotes deserve a tip of the cap after the season they put up. resilient overacheivers. except for torres.

love the way they got off the mat right at the end and landed a coupla shots to the head vs the kings. regardless of the outcome this team went down swingin and dieing with your boots on still counts for something in scurdston. good effort feenix. now gityer asses to kitchener where you belong. we'll build youse a new stadium on the site of the old budd automotive plant, hire ted nolan as coach, sign luongo, jarret stoll, jason arnott, parise, steve sullivan, jagr, langenbrunner, ryan suter, sheldon souray, and go win the cup.  i'll sing the anthem.

--

May 23, 2012 at 5:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Galfur

I'm attending that game fo sho

May 23, 2012 at 6:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mac D
Site Owner

From the Goldwater Institue;

“Although the Council approved an arena management fee in the budget Tuesday, nothing requires the Council to spend all or any part of it. The city could sign an arena management contract for less than that amount or for no amount at all if the city decides to manage the arena itself or put it out for competitive bidding. That said, we do believe this arena management fee is legally questionable if it is far greater than the value of the services to be provided. Additionally, Glendale taxpayers may choose to pursue future action to contest the fee by referendum. The Goldwater Institute cannot authoritatively comment on the legality of the deal until we and Glendale taxpayers can see the details. However, we are encouraged by reports that this deal will not include a massive up-front payment to help the buyer purchase the team, and we hope that the city will reach a deal that comports with the law and protects the interests of Glendale taxpayers.”

— Darcy Olsen, President, Goldwater Institute

May 23, 2012 at 6:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ark_Razor

I'll have my write-up tomorrow as I'm unable to post tickets. My sources tell me the deal is imminent to keep them in PHX. I can tell you authoritatively that the Yotes have the weakest fan base of any NHL franchise I've witnessed.

May 24, 2012 at 2:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mac D
Site Owner

City of Glendale has some new stuff on its website.

There are posted draft agreements between Jamison's group and the City.

The agreement would have Glendale pay roughly $300 million in arena management fees to Jamison's group and another $24 million in capital funding over the course of the 20-year deal.

In return the city would likely receive more than $14 million in rent and millions of dollars more from surcharges on each ticket.

The draft agreements also call for Jamison’s group to attempt to change the team’s name to the Arizona Coyotes.

June 4, 2012 at 8:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ark_Razor

Yea, I saw this yesterday myself. I talk to my sources, but I think the deal should be OK with TGI. The City is better of financially with the deal than without, and somebody does need to run the arena. I'm beginning to think the franchise will stay; but I don't know how many fans will show up.

June 5, 2012 at 11:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mac D
Site Owner

There was supposed to be a meeting tomorrow (8th) for a vote on the proposed deal highlighted above. But the GWI of course found something they did not like;

"Tomorrow morning the City of Glendale plans to consider what is estimated to be a $425 million arena management deal for Jobing.com Arena. Arizona’s Open Meetings Law and multiple court orders require the city to make public all documents related to the proposed contract at least 24 hours before a Council vote is taken, which it has not done. The 100-page deal released on Monday refers to a number of exhibits that are central to analyzing the impact of the deal on Glendale’s finances, which the city must make public. Per respecting Open Meetings Law requirements, the Goldwater Institute will be requesting a temporary restraining order to prevent the Glendale City Council from voting on the contract Friday morning."

June 8, 2012 at 1:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

I haven't analyzed this to the degree that ark & mac have, but I sense a growing sentiment  in AZ against too much tax $$$ support for the Yotes. I still think they'll land in Canada.

--

Vap

June 8, 2012 at 6:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mac D
Site Owner

Surprised on the outcome today.

The motion the GWI was asking for was denied by the judge and the City is voting as this is posted. Yesterday an economist and an attorney told the City a proposed $325 million lease agreement would benefit the City financially and pass legal scrutiny

As well it would cost less for Glendale to keep the Coyotes than to let them go, according to economist Jill Welch, who placed the savings at $17.8 million over the 20 years of an agreement.

June 8, 2012 at 1:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

the immortal scurds

attaboyeeeee bettmun!

--

June 8, 2012 at 1:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

mac- Puzzled by the positive vote results-  and yep it appears I was wrong.

--

Vap

June 8, 2012 at 9:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mac D
Site Owner

Just listened to someone from the GWI and the judge agreed the City violated the laws from above but had no legal power to block the vote. But the judge assured the GWI that once the vote was done and passed, it would be shot down. GWI says they do not want to block the deal per say, but that two exhibits in the deal were missing and under law needed to be provided.

The two exhibits are; the performance standards. Who else will be using the arena besides the Coyotes, how quickly will they repair things, upkeep, etc. "What requirements will the group be held to, to run the arena?"

Second is, what will the budget be to run the arena? Esitimated between $5-13 million a year. But nothing concrete.

At a meeting earlier the ownership group said they did not have anything prepared for those two exhibits. The City Council is said to not have those exhibits and voted blindly on those parts.

The GWI say they will be in court Monday. They want the vote to be nulled and a re-vote once the two exhibits are made public.

June 9, 2012 at 1:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ark_Razor

I am in PHX for four days right now. The deal is going to go through I think. TGI really doesn't have anything to stand on since there are no muni bonds to be offered. They might be legally right (unsure to me), but they don't have any real threats to act on here.

Glendale is viewing this as "we were paying 25 mil per for our jmistakes, now we might pay only 5-13 mil per". That's a better deal. I think TGI will get shot down on that one. In reality the City Council should all be voted for being so stupid in the agreeing to the original deal (they might all be gone for all I know).

I think there are two other issues going on though which might kill this off.

1. The NHL has put Glendale (and everybody else) on an extremely short leash. I can't imagine the NHL allowing this go on past say a week after the Finals to get everything lined up.

2. Jamison is having trouble raising the $$$. If he can't do it, then PHX is toast. TGI's leverage might be in scaring away investors. Too bad, b/c I agreed with the wisdom last year, but not this year. Taxpayers in Glendale will be out more $$$ if the deal falls through. Penny wise, pound foolish; but I do understand TGI's stance of wanting to look at the deal as that is their self-defined mission. I don't think they have an axe one way or the other.

The fact the judge shot down their TRO pretty muchs says the courts are not going to stop this. I personally like being able to see three more home games a year for LA if I want and can afford it.

June 9, 2012 at 1:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mac D
Site Owner

Starlee Rhoades (VP of Goldwater) said those two points as well. NHL has put extreme pressure on Glendale to get it done. And yes Jamison is having a hard time finding other investors because without the deal with the City it falls through. No stabilization without City funding.

Her tone fit the no axe to grind saying. Upbeat, no slandering the other side. They just want everything done by the book and open to the public. She also said if the City voted in favour of it with all documents present and made public, there is little to nothing Goldwater or the courts can do as long as Council votes in favour.

June 9, 2012 at 2:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.