Mac App

Home of the Facts

Forums

Forum Home > Phoenix Coyotes > Coyotes Howl

Mac D
Site Owner

So Bettman reduced Torres suspension by 4 games. I figured he would because it would show that Bettman doing the appeals can "work" so he can keep it in the new CBA.

July 2, 2012 at 1:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

the immortal scurds

the jettes are back. time for the nordiques to return

--

The following sentence is a lie.

The previous sentence is the truth.

July 2, 2012 at 7:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mac D
Site Owner

Doan is said to be only considering 2-3 teams with three criteria; location, roster and Stanley Cup chances. A lot of teams though have inquired and an Eastern Conference team has offered a 4 year $30+ million deal -- $7.5 million cap hit. Yikes

July 13, 2012 at 2:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ark_Razor

If he truly wants that much $$$, then LAK and VAN are out. He's a 2 x 4 guy IMHO- no more.

July 13, 2012 at 2:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ark_Razor

I can't believe the 4 x 7.5 deal. Doan would be a "35+" contract which mean the cap hit does not go bye-bye even if he retires.

July 13, 2012 at 2:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

I can't see the Wings  as that E Conf  team.

--

Vap

July 13, 2012 at 2:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mac D
Site Owner

2-3 teams aside from PHX are said to be LA and SJ (close to his current home) and fits the other two. Then VAN with him playing for the Blazers and being a part owner to go with his wife being from there. 4 years $20 million is something I'd expect for the high end but I guess the Eastern Conference teams have to pony up money to try to get him to move (unlikely in my mind). Still goes against Gillis' philosphy to go long term at Doan's age.

July 13, 2012 at 4:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

the immortal scurds

they have to go long term to get the money they need. the cap is too low. its obvious that these teams have lotsa money.

--

July 13, 2012 at 4:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

Oops Detroit is in the West- my brain fart

--

Vap

July 13, 2012 at 5:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mac D
Site Owner

Ken Jones is the name head for the group leading for a referendum with the Coyotes and City of Glendale. Told the AZ Republic this;

“I am one of the two originators of the referendum. We still expect a public vote on Glendale’s expensive lease with Jamison, the potential owner of the Coyotes hockey team.

We are determined to force fans to pay for their hockey. If the public doesn’t get to vote on the Jamison lease, we have two backup plans.

First, if it becomes necessary, a ground roots effort will be made to add a $30.00 surcharge or special use tax to every future ticket sold for regular season and playoff games. If this does not work, we will go to a Plan B and then continue until hockey costs are removed from Glendale’s taxpayers.”

July 16, 2012 at 2:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ark_Razor

Looks like opponents bungles this badly. I am A-OK with Jones' position though.

There is still a major issue of Jamison getting the financing for the deal. I'm not counting another city or even contraction out at this point b/c the NHL is not going to be left holding the bag with potentially huge losses- particularly with NJ ready to come under league ownership next.

July 16, 2012 at 4:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

the immortal scurds

man, how long can this go on? they just dont want hockey there. get rid of bettman.

--

July 16, 2012 at 5:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

scurds- They call him Buttman for a reason

--

Vap

July 16, 2012 at 9:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

Ark & mac are more on top of this saga  so I'm wondering is there anything new in this article.

Late Tuesday, ESPN reported that prospective buyer Greg Jamison had secured the financing that would allow him to close on the $170 million purchase."

Coyotes

--

Vap

September 6, 2012 at 7:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mac D
Site Owner

It's encouraging (for the NHL I guess). Also, rumours came out yesterday Doan is close to re-signing which he only would do if the ownership ordeal settled itself out. Maybe this thing is getting the ball rolling.

September 6, 2012 at 3:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

If Jamison completes the deal, will this lock the team in Zona?

--

Vap

September 6, 2012 at 3:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mac D
Site Owner

Yup, that is the agreement. Bettman doesn't want to leave.

September 6, 2012 at 4:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ark_Razor

4 x 5.3 for Doan. No wonder he stayed in PHX. Unless the rules change regarding 35+ contracts, this is going to give the Yotes financial indigestion. However, kudos for Doan for showing loyalty to a club.

September 14, 2012 at 7:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Galfur

More bad business in that contract. So how are the owners justifying their financial hardship on the eve of a lockout? How about offering a stupid money and term contract to an aging player who plays for a bankrupt franchise. I might have to like Donald Fehr before this is over.

September 14, 2012 at 9:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

galf- I'm not quite ready to like Fehr, but I'm with you and ark on the   $$$ insanity.

--

Vap

September 14, 2012 at 10:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.