Mac App

Home of the Facts

Forums

Forum Home > Phoenix Coyotes > Coyotes Howl

the immortal scurds

and its just one example of several recent signings.  scrap the nhl and start over.?

--

The following sentence is a lie.

The previous sentence is the truth.

September 14, 2012 at 11:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mac D
Site Owner

Current CBA Ark. He is a 35+ guy now. Why the rush. Anything before 2pm PST would count towards the current CBA, everything after, the new until 2pm PST Saturday then nothing.

For a system that is "broke" NHL teams spent $106+ million today (14th) alone and $340+ million this off-season again in a "broke" system as you guys said. Contradicting.

His agent said it came down to Phoenix and Vancouver with the decision coming down to the final second. His $2 million comes after the contract is done. I guess a retirement gift.

September 15, 2012 at 3:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Galfur

Mac, those numbers above are startling, stunning and again, stupid. Now look one response higher to chart a new course of direction for professional hockey. Yeah scurds, it might be the only way to restore sustainable sanity and stability.

September 15, 2012 at 5:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ark_Razor

I think owners are counting on substantial give backs. Otherwise, rosters will have to be broken up which won't happen. I saw Bettman's press conference today. Frankly, the guy is quite professional and impressive. When you get through the emotions, he is doing an outstanding job of articulating the owners' position.

I was very disappointed though that nobody brought up revenue sharing (or lack thereof) in the owners' proposals.

September 15, 2012 at 6:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mac D
Site Owner

Council voted in favour 4-2 over the new deal.

Mayor wasn't pleased though: "I choose to support people who are in different uniforms than Coyotes uniforms."

November 28, 2012 at 12:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ark_Razor

LOL, the outgoing mayor originally supported the deal- that tells you what a mess this is.. The Goldwater Institute has yet to weigh in. I still may have seen the last game in PHX!

November 28, 2012 at 3:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Galfur

Name change coming for the Phoenix Coyotes.

The Team Owner shall use commercially reasonable efforts to have the name of the Team changed to the "Arizona Coyotes" as soon as is commercially feasible.

That oughtta do it. Build up the State-wide pride and backing. You know pull in fans from, oh I don't know, the sprawling metropolis hockey hot beds of say, Williams, Douglas and Yuma. I see a financial turnaround coming.

November 30, 2012 at 8:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

the immortal scurds

me too.  no way they would make more money in quebec city.

--

November 30, 2012 at 9:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Galfur

Heh heh

November 30, 2012 at 9:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

I'm just guessing but I bet a lot of NHL players and staff feel the same way as Doan:

“You’ve always been proud to say you’re an NHL player, to tell people that you play for the NHL. I play in the NHL,” Doan said. “I think now it’s getting to the point where you’re losing some of that pride because it’s been tarnished so much. You care so much about the sport you want it to be doing well. Obviously we have to find a way to get this going."

Link

--

Vap

December 22, 2012 at 6:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Galfur

beyond comprehension at this point

December 22, 2012 at 7:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

Galfur at December 22, 2012 at 7:05 AM

beyond comprehension at this point

....as are most things these days. I'm just enjoying my  morning caffeine jolt. No spills since you and scurds haven't delivered a potent punchline yet     ;)

--

Vap

December 22, 2012 at 7:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mac D
Site Owner

Allen Walsh, an agent, has said expansion has been on the agenda for the NHL since the lockout lifted. Interesting.

January 27, 2013 at 1:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

mac- Sounds bizarre

--

Vap

January 27, 2013 at 1:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mac D
Site Owner

I know. I am a supporter of restraction. I guess PHX will be forced and SEA and QC will get teams. 4X4 by 2 for divisions and conferences.

January 27, 2013 at 3:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

mac- Coyotes sale in trouble

"Former San Jose Sharks CEO Greg Jamison, the main suitor for the Phoenix Coyotes for the past year, cannot produce the capital needed to purchase the team from the NHL and as a result a Jan. 31 deadline to maintain a critical lease agreement with the City of Glendale will pass without a deal being completed, multiple sources have told ESPN.com."

link

--

Vap

January 31, 2013 at 6:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

the immortal scurds

jim balsillie could have paid cash in one lump sum.

--

January 31, 2013 at 8:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

the immortal scurds at January 31, 2013 at 8:26 AM

jim balsillie could have paid cash in one lump sum.

and if he got a team it would be the Black Berries  ;)

--

Vap

January 31, 2013 at 8:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ark_Razor

Have I not been saying this since the lockout started? Last year in PHX b/c the NHL is not going to tolerate $25 million losses. Glendale still might sweeten the lease deal though. Talk about having to be one of the four guys in the movie Deliverance, that is the City of Glendale right now.

January 31, 2013 at 3:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ark_Razor

Oh, the NHL will never permit a franchise in Hamilton unless TOR gets at least $100 million out of the deal. TOR would like to eliminate BUF for that matter.

January 31, 2013 at 4:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.