Mac App

Home of the Facts

Forums

Forum Home > Phoenix Coyotes > Coyotes Howl

vapor5

Galfur at January 14, 2016 at 12:05 PM

What a league embarrassment. Time to remove the fans from all voting in all leagues.

galf - and the NHL gets more twisted in CYA mode

'The league announced on Tuesday morning that even though Scott, voted in by fans as the captain of the Pacific Division team, had been traded to the Montreal Canadiens last week and demoted to the American Hockey League, he will still be allowed to play in the game in Nashville later this month. It was initially believed that because Arizona traded him out of the division and his new team sent him to the AHL that he would no longer be eligible to play in the game."

--

Vap

January 20, 2016 at 10:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ark_Razor

Football season is done. OK. How many of you knew that, in addition to the Kings, I have been a full season seat member to the Arizona Coyotes this season?

February 7, 2016 at 10:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

ark- How could we know- you've been AWOL.

--

Vap

February 8, 2016 at 6:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ark_Razor

This dual season seat holder is back, but in a limited capacity.

February 8, 2016 at 11:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

Ark_Razor at February 8, 2016 at 11:43 AM

This dual season seat holder is back, but in a limited capacity.

as in half a keyboard ;)

--

Vap

February 8, 2016 at 12:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

the immortal scurds

buttmin's favorite team. hope you got em cheap

--

The following sentence is a lie.

The previous sentence is the truth.

February 8, 2016 at 8:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ark_Razor

I did. More to come later as to how I ended up with them. $23/game for first row, upper deck, behind the goal but in the corner.

February 8, 2016 at 9:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ark_Razor

I had a blog to post for you on this. It won't post, even in pieces. Oh well. See ya down the road.

February 8, 2016 at 11:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

the immortal scurds

sheesh. i'd call that a deal for nhl hockey. quebecors would pay 20x that.

--

February 9, 2016 at 6:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ark_Razor

Renewed my season ducats to the Yotes, but I'm pretty ticked off at the management over the last 24-48 hrs.

They are trying to alienate the fan base so they can move next year (5 yrs will be up). 

1. How do trade your #1 G to a divisional rival for a 3RDP, a 2nd string G, and another prospect? Oh, both players can become UFA on 7/1.

2. Yotes take 25% of the 5.67 x 2 deal of Smith as a cap hit.

3. How many other teams protected a 2nd string G who can become a UFA in 12 days? Who plays in G if Domingue is selected by VGK? He could be selected.

4. How do you tell Shane Doan that he is gone after his agent said he was leaning toward playing another year? Not a joint news conference. Don't give me any of this salary demand crap either. The Yotes have to spend another 12.8 on 5 contracts just to get the cap floor!

5. Look, they are looking to take on more dead cap space, preferrably stuff they don't have to pay themselves to get to the floor. With Pronger and Dats off the books, they have another 12.4 mil to play with. Look for the Yotes to make a deal with CBJ for David Clarkson and his 3 x 5.25. That will work quite nicely with their dead cap portfolio, laying in after Bolland. Both contract cost ARI zero cash as they are on group DI coverage.

June 20, 2017 at 3:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

The Doan move stinks on so many levels.

--

Vap

June 20, 2017 at 6:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ark_Razor

Error: Hickey becomes UFA on 7/1/18. But he is a senior at BU and can graduate and sign with whoever.

June 20, 2017 at 2:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

the immortal scurds

yup, classless move by arizona towards doan, the face of a franchise. good player, languished in the desert like moses and the israelites for the best part of his career. shown the door without even an offer of a front office job.he's coming off his leanest year. i think he wouldnt mind 1 more crack at it, and i would be quite willing to take a look at him for veteran leadership alone if i were vegas. someone will give him another shot if he wants it.

--

June 20, 2017 at 8:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ark_Razor

Doan said (not the Yotes) that he had been offered a front office job. To me, this says he still wants to play. I think he can play. I see him going to ANA. He has two kids still not out of HS and his family likes Phoenix. He wants a Cup shot close to home. Only ANA fits the bill. LA-PHX is a snap by air.

June 20, 2017 at 9:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

the immortal scurds

the one i read said he was upset that they didnt offer him anything, and didnt give him any sort of heads up although he wasnt surprised by the move. ann might be it then

--

June 21, 2017 at 8:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ark_Razor

Based upon what I've seen about the Yotes mgmt, it makes total sense they wouldn't even give him a heads up. You've got a 26yo running the show who from what I've seen has very low people skills.

June 21, 2017 at 3:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

getting rod of Coach tippett- another bad move

--

Vap

June 23, 2017 at 9:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ark_Razor

OK. You know I'm also a season seat holder to the Yotes. Less than $1K for an entire season of hockey in the first row of the upper deck.

Anyway, I didn't put two and two together until yesterday. The Yotes now have a true controlling owner in hedge fund guru Andrew Barroway. He got controlling interest in the club in early June.

So, Smith traded, Doan gone, Hjalmarsson for Murphy, 7th overall pick for Stepan and Raanta...... all came after his watch as did Tippett's firing.

I don't think Barroway orchestrated these trades, but I think he told Chayka, "Look, I'm in charge now. Don't worry about money for the time being, but make the club in the image you should think it should be."

Whether or not these are the right moves remains to be seen. However, this is a good sign for the Yotes. One owner with a vision and some pockets to build a future.

Now, they moved my single seat b/c they got rid of 3 sections of seats for next year. The whole idea was they could show a higher % attendance. I told them I didn't want to relocate unless I could get a front row seat in the upper deck. They said likely no.

Well, I wrote a complaint letter to management saying (tactfully) they were full of BS with this move. To the Yotes credit, they responded and found me a front row seat in another upper deck section, not as good as the one I had though.

Well, I got a call on Wednesday from the Yotes. Turns out that the new controlling owner thought that getting rid of 3 sections was BS also. They were opening up those seats that very day, first to the people who were relocated. I said I wanted to move back. I also asked for a second seat if one opened up.

Low and behold I found today (Friday) that the seat to the left of me is vacant, so I now have TWO seats together, finally. Makes it easier for the seats to be moved on so many fronts.

If you want to go to game in ARI, LMK. Cost would be roughly $50US/game for both seats total. Oh, these the pedestrian games. Don't think you are going to get CHI, PIT, NYR for that cheap!

August 12, 2017 at 1:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

the immortal scurds

the way i see it, youve already paid for that 2nd seat, and its costing u alot to leave it empty. if im in zona this season, i'll buy u a 20 oz daft for the chair.  :D

--

August 12, 2017 at 2:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ark_Razor

It's a lot easier for me to move two tickets on ticketmaster than one. Plus, I can sell them to my business contacts in Phoenix a lot easier than I could with one. Plus, I can take a kid or my wife with me to a game. I figured it's worth it for a year. Plus, I don't drink alcohol :lol:

August 12, 2017 at 4:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.