Mac App

Home of the Facts

Forums

Forum Home > Baltimore Ravens > Hey Ravens!

Galfur

The equivalent of a North Florida forecast this time of year.

--

Make America Great Again

December 19, 2013 at 8:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

Galfur at December 19, 2013 at 8:01 AM

The equivalent of a North Florida forecast this time of year.

wonder if the warmer air will help Flacco find the end zone

--

Vap

December 19, 2013 at 9:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ferociousjane

wow.;..didn't they just get clobbered with some snow?  I always disliked the huge swings in the weather back east.

--

“There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you.”

December 19, 2013 at 9:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

fj- Snow hasn't melted too much, but we'll reach 50 today. Agree on  the swings.

--

Vap

December 19, 2013 at 9:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ferociousjane

That bodes well for your daily walk.

--

“There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you.”

December 19, 2013 at 11:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

Ferociousjane at December 19, 2013 at 11:14 AM

That bodes well for your daily walk.

I walk in all kinds of weather

--

Vap

December 19, 2013 at 5:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ferociousjane

I know that ,but don't you prefer it when it's  warmer and not precipitating?

--

December 19, 2013 at 6:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

Wind in the winter and heavy rain anytime are the biggest obstacles. I like walking in the snow.

--

Vap

December 19, 2013 at 7:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Galfur

I like sitting by a roaring fire.......all winter long. Find it hard to leave the family room.

--

Make America Great Again

December 20, 2013 at 6:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

galf- Flacco will  be sitting by a fireplace soon if he can't find the end zone.

--

Vap

December 20, 2013 at 6:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ferociousjane

Galfur at December 20, 2013 at 6:33 AM

I like sitting by a roaring fire.......all winter long. Find it hard to leave the family room.

I am with you on that!   My dogs love it too. They get right up next to it as close as they can and fall asleep.

--

December 20, 2013 at 10:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Galfur

Hah......yeah....and the pup (cocker spaniel, about 8 months old now) snuggles right up on the hiney of the older golden doodle. Too funny.

BTW, we had our first significant snowfall over the weekend. Snowbanks about a foot deep. The pup went out as a Cocker to pee but given the way he sunk into the snow bank, he may have come back in just a plain old Spaniel. That had to be cold!!!

Just to clarify. I had cleared an area on the grass for him. Yeah, that's love: shoveling snow off the grass for your dog to pee. But instead, stupid climbed into the bank and squated.

Puppies crack me up because they are so stupid. I forget exactly when they grow a full brain but I appreciate the humor (for the most part) leading up to that. Wish I could say the same thing for kids.

--

Make America Great Again

December 20, 2013 at 12:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

the immortal scurds

i blow a maze in the backyard for bonehead to trot around in. if some oif his gifts get blown over the fence....well, blame the wind.

there is a pureness to a dog that can't be matched. no bs with a dog. they can be a little sneaky, but its ok cuz they get caught all the time and look sorry.

--

The following sentence is a lie.

The previous sentence is the truth.

December 20, 2013 at 12:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ferociousjane

Galfur, my dogs are low riders too. The skinny one does a little bit of hopping through the snow whereas the chubby one tends to stay as close to the porch as possible. Luckily where I have been in the last decade or so hasn't been like NE Ohio and they've not had to deal with drifts very often.

We did get a little snow here last night. I've always heard drivers on this coast turn into huge idiots with even a little bit of the white stuff.  It was confirmed this a.m.. Saw two cars smashed up on a roundabout.

Yes, a roundabout. Lightweights.

--

December 20, 2013 at 1:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Galfur

:lol: over the fence, eh? Yeah, I get the pureness of the dog. Cocker is wearing a cone right now. We took it off for a few minutes the other day. I didn't have to say a thing, the Mrs said it for me "start licking, don't miss your chance"!!!  -  hahahahahahahaha....giving yourself a good licking over.......don't care who's watching.......the old joke (why do dogs lick themselves) punch line always cracks me up "because they can" - Yes sir, that's pure. Or as Ron White might have said it "now that's relaxed"  Gotta love a dog.

I don't trust California drivers in a sprinkle FJ, so I would imagine the a dusting of snow in the NW would be as entertaining as the causeways around St Petersburg at spring break (local fogies all drive 20 under, breakers all drive 20 over.....there is always a causeway shut down). There is an art and a science to driving in snow.......people who grow up with the conditions understand it. It becomes a gift. People who don't never will. But a roundabout? Must have grown up desert dwellers.

--

Make America Great Again

December 20, 2013 at 3:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

the immortal scurds

roundouts are growing like chilean coalminers around here galf. there have been multiple deaths.   there is an intersection in kitchener that had the highest crash incident rate in the whole country 1 year recently. its a risky manouvre, especially when they are new to everybody. my parents drive ten miles wide to avoid them, but soon thehy wont be able to.

all you gotta do is slow down, and learn to countersteer and drift a little bit.

--

December 20, 2013 at 3:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ferociousjane

"The Cone of Shame" stinks. ( I think that's from the movie "Up")

I have one for my dog that's an inflatable tube attached to a simple collar. That design is great and accounts for double and triple chins like my dog has! He had some bad chewing problems for a while. Nightmare.

We got 2" of snow and they have pictures of buses that went off the road. I am not even kidding.

--

December 20, 2013 at 3:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ferociousjane

Scurds, I was talking to a young lady downtown this early a.m. about the accident I saw and she said she's seen several accidents where drivers plowed into other cars because they tried to make a lefthand turn into the circle. WTF? That's a new level of stupid right there. But then I did see someone in down town Seattle once make a right hand turn smack dab right into a bus.  How do you NOT see a bus? And it wasn't even snowing.

--

December 20, 2013 at 3:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

the immortal scurds

people have meltdowns when they come to one. its panic. there was a girl killed here by a city bus at the one i mentioned. they put a mound of landscaping foliage 10 ft high in the middle of the circle. you cant see anything. that one is right by a highschool. a parents group demanded an elevated crosswalk and got nowhere. just a matter of time.

they are calling for freezing rain here. i didnt even go to work. the chaos that stuff causes is deadly.

--

December 20, 2013 at 4:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ferociousjane

It's raining here now , too.

I have family members who refuse to drive on the freeway so I'm sure a roundabout would be terrifying.

Stay frosty.

--

December 20, 2013 at 4:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.