Mac App

Home of the Facts

Forums

Forum Home > Baltimore Ravens > Hey Ravens!

Ferociousjane

Hey V5..that video of Ray Rice punching his wife is out today. It's not the best quality, but you can see him knock her out .

--

“ everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth”

September 8, 2014 at 10:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mac D
Site Owner

Looks like he spits on her at the pillar and then again in the elevator as well as the punches. Oklahoma media who got to see the Mixon tape say it was the exact same type of punch only Rice is left handed. NFL pleads ignorance they had not seen the tape, while some high level media are saying they had it all.

September 8, 2014 at 1:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ferociousjane

I can't even begin to imagine spitting on ANYONE let alone punching them out.

I read that they offered the tape to the NFL ,but they didn't want to see it. I dunno. There's just so many shades of unbelievable when it comes to the NFL's actions on this.

--

September 8, 2014 at 1:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

fj- As ugly as the tape is , this is double and triple jeopardy by the league.

somehow, the Ravens & the NFL are skirting the union contract.

gotta wonder how the NFL or Rice didn't buy the tape and/or was it a pirated copy?

--

Vap

September 8, 2014 at 6:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ferociousjane

Oh, I'm sure once the newest furor wears  down a  little the union will step in to work on Ray's behalf. Unfortunate, because he's  only getting what he should have gotten from the beginning

--

September 8, 2014 at 6:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

fj- wife loses again since ray is unemployed. I'll keep repeating this: domestic abuse reporting will wane among NFL spouses and  girlfriends

--

Vap

September 8, 2014 at 7:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ferociousjane

Yeah, but I'm sure they thought smart and saved his signing bonus money, right?  :)

You're right, of course, but there are no winners anywhere in any of this.

--

September 8, 2014 at 7:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

the immortal scurds

these 2 will be in the news again ere long. I hate to do it, but i predict the results will be deadly the next time. that video is extremely extremely violent. I bet she married him out of fear for her life and a faint hope of getting some of his money. if she is smart, and she just might be, she needs to divorce him and get some hard earned cash

--

The following sentence is a lie.

The previous sentence is the truth.

September 8, 2014 at 7:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

the immortal scurds

the ravens made a decisive move by cutting their star rb. they claim to have just seen the video. if thats true then hats off to them for throwing the garbage out. quickly

--

September 8, 2014 at 7:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ferociousjane

Here's the thing. It's been common knowledge since the beginning that there was a video of the actual assault. So I'm wondering how the general public/ media  knew  a tape existed,  but yet it was some sort of surprise to the Ravens and NFL? 

--

September 8, 2014 at 10:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

fj-  Yes and I'm convined that Ms Rice  pleas spared Ray at the time.  Why is it that the general public is more outraged than she is.?

"We" are not the victim here

IMO, some of the anger is about how Rice was a role model who let "us" down

--

Vap

September 9, 2014 at 6:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ferociousjane

It's pretty sweet that certain stores are allowing Baltimore fans to return his jersey. ( like they did with Hernandez in NE)

I wish they'd do that every time a CLE player jumps ship to go make more money somewhere else ( although that's more baseball than anything else) ;)

--

September 9, 2014 at 10:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

FJ- i think a lot of folks bought marked down rice jerseys.  most stores wou'ld've stopped ordereing them 7 months ago

--

Vap

September 9, 2014 at 11:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

the immortal scurds

a little voice keeps nagging in my ear saying "can he make 4 yards on 3rd and three? then thats what he should do". I am not certain that the nfl is the authority we want policing off field non game related behavior. why didnt the police put this guy in jail. its a legal issue. if galfur pimphanded the ole lady he wouldnt lose his job.

--

September 9, 2014 at 6:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ark_Razor

Well, vap, with the Poets offering the Ray Lewis statue and now this, I'd say the organization ranks as an equal to the Cav fans. You and others were right.

Double jeopardy by the league IMHO. Bring Rice back after week 2. Their own fault they are either too nefarious or stupid for their own good. I hope the union prevails here.

The fiancee doesn't want her meal ticket dried up. Probably worth a beating here or there she figures.

September 10, 2014 at 1:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

vapor5

ark- Glad I've been a Saints fan since 1984. ;)

--

Vap

September 10, 2014 at 7:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ferociousjane

That Cavs comment is way off base , Ark.

There's no way you can compare  forgiving a violent wife beater and forgiving a simple douchebag ( LeBron).

--

September 10, 2014 at 11:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

the immortal scurds

yeah, i think fj makes a good point.

--

September 10, 2014 at 1:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ark_Razor

fj, my comment regarding the fan base is directed at the Ray Lewis statue, not Rice. That actually makes the fan base worse than the Cavs if they support this statue. The organization has already shown it is worse by even wanting to erect this thing.

I would not call what the Cav fans did "forgiving". They are just desperate for a championship, so they've conveniently forgotten about it.

What say you on Rice's fiancee BTW?

September 11, 2014 at 1:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ferociousjane

I don't know what to say about her. That attack was so savage.  It really makes it hard to to use the "we all make mistakes" argument for Rice. And it wasn't just the punch..it was the way he dragged her out of the elevator like she had no value to him.

There's not a lot of respect for  women coming out of certain communities. That starts at home where clearly there is something major amiss. There also seems to be a real acceptance of violence as part of everyday life and relationships. That really bothers me.

--

September 11, 2014 at 12:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.